Thursday, November 20, 2008

A fast two years

Two years ago today I was in my office working on a computer when the call came of Papa's passing. Amazing how time has a way of slipping by so quickly. In some ways it seems he has been gone so long, in others it feels like it was just yesterday. Many of my last moments with papa dealt with helping him get around, or helping him up if he fell late at night. I can honestly say those memories have all but been forgotten. The ones that come to mind upon my reflection of him are those of Sunday lunches, Christmas eve's, working in hay fields, and a couple of crazy hospital tales. I know that is how he would have preferred it as well.

Writing this short blog has brought back many emotions. I look forward to the day when we are all reunited again. I'm sure if there are hay fields in heaven Papa has already got me one picked out to mow. We miss you Papa!


Below is a pic of Papa with Allie on her 1st Christmas.

No comments: