Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Witching for stuff

"Dowsing, sometimes called divining, doodlebugging (in the US), or (when searching specifically for water) water finding or water witching, is a practice that attempts to locate hidden water wells, buried metals or ores, gemstones, or other objects as well as currents of earth radiation without the use of scientific apparatus"


Above is the definition via wikipedia of "witching" "dowsing" or "divining". We had a lengthy discussion today at El Tap about this topic. Is it real? is it make believe? Is it scientifically proven? Papa tells the story of how they used to use this method to find water lines before digging when he worked for the electric company. Others have told me well diggers still use this method to this day. Call me a skeptic, but i'd really like to experience it for myself. Here is my call to you, the blog reader. The comment section on this blog has gone cold for months and months. Break the silence and chime in on this topic. Go google it for yourself, read up on it and share stories, or tell me if you've seen it for yourself. Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Here is the wikipedia article to get you started. Read more

3 comments:

Brian "BFargin" said...

I'm calling BS on the witching wand/stick as well. I've had people try to show me how well it works and they all FAILED.

WendyWhiteaker said...

I am still trying to find someone who can do it. I had a discussion today concerning having a contest to see if we could find someone to "witch water". Chadwell says you have to use a willow branch, my dad says a cherry branch. I think this would be a great fundraiser for the "cashcow".

Anonymous said...

My grandpa used to do water "witching" when i was a kid. It seems like wells ran dry regularly around our place. I don't know what kind of tree branch he used, but it did always seem to work. Maybe you have to have the power. LOL.

Kelly