Saturday, February 21, 2009

Squeaky shoes and summer plans

Not a lot has changed in the heady life the past few weeks. Allie is still our little fish. She is loving this swimming every Tuesday and Thursday. Abby is talking in paragraphs these days saying anything and everything on her mind. We are also working on potty training and she will do just about anything for an m & m. She recently got some spring shoes that squeak when she walks. It is the delight of her day to run though the house with these on.


We just made our summer lake reservations and I can’t tell you how excited I am. I know its just right down the road, and we could pick a more exciting vacation…but there is just something about it that makes me giddy on the inside. 15 years ago I made my first lake appearance in the heady, howard, hutching extravaganza…it was crystal’s first appearance as well. We were new to the crew, but we settled in well. Everything is always better at the lake…the food, sleep, even showers just feel better. I love not looking at my watch, not having to be somewhere at sometime, just sitting by the shore talking it up with someone and listening to creation clapping in praise of our heavenly King. This year I know will bring out a lot of emotion in me as well as others I am sure. I am just going to let the tears flow into those murky waters, and know that God feels every one of them. Last year was the first year in probably 54 years that Ryan’s family hasn’t camped at the lake. It was the first year we were losing one of our very own exactly at the time. None of us saw fit to go while our hearts were somewhere else feeling the pain of losing a wife, a mother, a friend, a daughter. We are looking forward to this week this year of a time to come home, to enjoy each other, leaving our worries at the top of the hill. Can’t wait to see you all there july 19 at site 11, and 12.





No comments: